lundi 15 octobre 2018

Photoshoot of the ''robe à la française''

Hello,

It was during a cloudy afternoon of October that I had the pleasure to do a photoshoot with the photographer Catherine Leclerc in the goal to fix in picture my first ''robe à la française''.  I am proud to present the result of hours of work and hand sewing. It is true that with the cloak we do not always see the dress but there was a risk of rain, I had to be ready for the eventuality.

The stomacher and the ''manteau de robe'' (literally coat of the dress) were made entirely by hand. I cheated for the long gathering sewing of the petticoat. I think I may allow myself more of that kind of cheating in the future projects.



Once upon a time...


It is not too cold outside, finally !


Thoughts about that silver ring

The photographer suggested that pose. It was not easy to keep...


Détail of the Watteau pleats, the signature of that kind of dress. The waist is also highlighted.




I love the femininity of the hand on the rock










Movements of the diferents fabrics...


Who is afraid of the big bad Wolf?


It is so dark here...








And if we talked about the Little Red Riding Hood?





The favorite of this seance of my photographer.


Again a big thank you to Catherine Leclerc, photographer for the marvellous pictures. I just want to make more reproductions to make another photoshoot with you!

Mlle Canadienne

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Question de vocabulaire: casaquin, vêtement à plis ou sans plis?

Bonjour, Depuis plusieurs années je m'intéresse aux vêtements du XVIIIe siècle et je dois avouer qu'aucun mot ne m'a autant embr...